Our community based narrative tourism work involves a series of steps:
1. Research, gather audio and create a story about the imagined version of a place
2. Gather a wishlist of things locals wished they could do, see, taste or experience in the community, but can not.
3. Ask a local artist to create a map of the community
4. Host a live storytelling event with a theme tied to the place
5. “Put” the stories on the map at the event.
6. Pick something from the wishlist and make it happen.
7. This can be seen as “hinjx,” a good deed or an intervention, depending on what is selected.
8. Create short audio piece about the wishlist, hinjx, and other parts of the project to broadcast and share
9. Ensure there is something for the community or station to have or follow up with when the producers are done.