Over the past months we've shared Tracing Roots at community screenings, in theaters, at public libraries, museums, middle and high schools and film festivals from Northern California to Fairbanks, Alaska. It has and continues to be a great journey.
When Delores Churchill travels with the film, the discussions are especially lively and inspiring, as she dives further into the meaning of sharing her work, teaching, and how she learned the six strand ending found on the hat of the Long Ago Person Found.
We're excited about a discussion guide in the works. Stay tuned, it is carefully constructed tool made in collaboraton with The Intellectual Property Issues in Cultural Heritage (IPinCH) Project to generate discussion around intellectual property. cultural heritage, climate change and more.
Screenings coming up include:
• Pioneer Home Brown Bag Lunch,, Sitka, AK July 1st 12 p.m
• Tongass Rainforest Festival, Petersburg, AK September 10th
• International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums - Washington, DC, September 9-15, 2015
• "Joining Forces: musuems, community and collaboration,"
Museums Alaska, Cordova Community Center Auditorium, October 1st 8 P.M
• Northwest Designer Craftman (TBA)
• Comox Valley and Campbell River, BC Community Screenings (TBA)
• Juneau Public Screening/Library screening (TBA)